Thursday, May 27, 2010

I won't feel guilty about a little break

Not that I ever feel guilty about anything anymore. I'm long over that. Besides, what does feeling guilty accomplish anyway? Nothing positive, that's for sure.

Actually, I'm taking a day off today. We - my hero and both kidlets - are going to the ballpark in the middle of the afternoon to watch the Rockies vs. the Diamondbacks. The hero is taking off in the middle of the week for no good reason except that I love baseball and he was able to get us really decent seats along the first baseline.

I'm marking the kids' attendance for school but we are not doing book learnin' today. This is real life and so much more fun. We'll head to Sam's this morning to buy peanuts and crackerjack. I'll make them add the bill and figure tax (0% on food) so that will be math. Emily can read the tickets to Eli and he can lead us to our seats - literature, reading, and geography, right? And as long as they watch our pitcher Jimenez, they'll be seeing History in the making.

The best part of today is that we're going to repeat it on Sunday after church. Only Sunday we'll throw in a fast food lunch!

Sometimes doing something good for your soul involves doing something good with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment