Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back on track. I think.

Two full weeks have gone by since I decided I was going to lose 25 lbs by the 30th of July. In that two weeks I took out the foods from my diet that are absolutely horrible for human consumption - the chief thing being high fructose corn syrup and anything with added sugar.

That doesn't leave a whole lot of processed food at all so I've been forced to cook. From scratch.

We eat a lot of chicken these days because it's easy to cook.

At the end of the first week I added walking to my daily list of chores to be accomplished. One mile is two laps around the circle so I've been doing the one mile before the kids wake up. When the hero is home I've been walking the 2 1/2 mile trail around housing.

For the record I would rather drink Pepsi and eat brownies or cake or even a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I don't. I eat grilled chicken and baked fish and lots of vegetables. Almost no fruit and usually a serving or two of milk each day. I don't love this new lifestyle yet but I will. To date I've lost 9 lbs and my clothes fit well. As soon as I go into a size smaller I'll like this more.

I hope my doctor appreciates all the effort.

1 comment: