Monday, June 7, 2010

Talk about being responsible....

I have my South Dakota grandchildren this week. They've been here since Thursday afternoon and we're not quite sure when they are going home but we love having them here. They're 3 and 4 years old.Eli isn't thrilled about them playing with his Legos and Emily doesn't adapt well to change so it's kind of set her off.

Well, Papa and Nana love having them here.

I've been under a bit of pressure this past week and came down with a cold or, more likely bronchitis. The hero had to go back to work this morning so that leaves me as the responsible adult in charge. Not a problem even with the feeling bad as long as they sleep until about 9.

Well, they didn't. Up before 7:30. Talking. Laughing. Wrestling with each other. Before 7:30. I responsibly turned on SpongeBob Squarepants, sat them in a chair close to the TV and told them I'd get them breakfast in an hour or two.

What? It seems to have worked. No one is crying and as long as I keep these earplugs in I don't have to hear whining or SpongeBob. At least I haven't fed them a bowl of dry Lucky Charms. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment