Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Five - reasons I don't get things done

1. Sometimes I just don't want to do the things that need doing. Like mopping floors. Sure, they look great when I'm done and it lasts for, what? Five minutes?

2. I'd rather do something else. Like work on this shawl I'm crocheting. Or read a book. Or do a puzzle. Or anything that isn't required of me.

3. I get side-tracked not on purpose. I start something and then see something else I missed earlier so I begin to do that and someone else needs me to do something and, well, nothing gets done. Not my fault, right?

4. The phone has been known to keep me from other tasks. And although I am very good at getting off the phone, unless I turn the ringer OFF, it's always calling my name.

5. I offer to do something for someone to help them out and, sometimes, I over-extend myself. Tonight is a late night but I'm getting up early in the morning to take friends to the airport. I wish I hadn't offered (actually, I wish they hadn't taken me up on the offer) but I'm a nice person. And I don't get things done.

So, why don't you get things done?

No comments:

Post a Comment